Author Topic: One concurrent less  (Read 39703 times)

Kiemc

One concurrent less
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:22:34 PM »
Hello Christian!

I'm the person who - beside you - has been making very big efforts to create a program that makes scripts for MyDefrag.

I'm the developer of Kiemc MD-ScriptGenerator. You may have heard about that program. (Website: http://kiemc.icr38.net/scriptgen)

I began making it in the summer of 2009. Since then I also restarted the project.

And in the past one year I've worked on it very much.

But since September I haven't had time to continue developing. The program itself is completed, only testing, translating and writing the Manual are the remaining steps.

But not only time is what I lack. I began to doubt that anyone is interested in my program. So I said that in no one would notice me about their interest, development will permanently be shut down on 30 November.

Some days ago I got an email in which someone encouraged me to continue developing, and I replied that I'd keep my word and continue development.

But the next day I met your Script Creator.

Your software has got almost all the functions my one has got. Yours has got some kind of documentation built-in the program, mine doesn't have. Yours is translated into English, mine isn't.

So yours is almost complete, mine would need quite much work, mainly in documentating and translating. And maybe mine one wouldn't be as good as your one.

So I think I would give up developing even if I had the time to continue. And, as I don't have the time, and there's an almost completed and good one (yours), I now announce that development of Kiemc MD-ScriptGenerator is now shut down. (Next week I announce it on the Kiemc MD-ScriptGenerator website as well.)

I've written all these above just to inform you that - did you know or not - you had my concurrence, but you haven't got it any more.

I wish you good luck and all the best for developing your software, and you can count on my help if you should need, as I'm someone who has studied MyDefrag quite deeply, as I was developing a software similar to yours one.

I'm going to translate your program into Hungarian if you let me do so. And I'll give you feedback about your program, and my incidentally upcoming ideas.

Chris

• Administrator
    • www.hofmannc.de
Re:One concurrent less
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
Hi Kiemc,

yes, I know you from Jeroen's forum (you know me there as "Darlis") and I've seen what you have done so far. I'm sorry to hear that you want to stop developing since you seem to have put quite some effort into it. I wouldn't have mind some competition (that's what you've meant with "concurrence"?), since I don't earn money from it (but a donation button is planned).

I'm going to translate your program into Hungarian if you let me do so. And I'll give you feedback about your program, and my incidentally upcoming ideas.
Of course you are free to translate my program and I'll appreciate it. I'll soon put a manual up on how to do so, but it's basically like translating MyDefrag (what a coincidence ;) ).
Bug reports and ideas are also welcome.
sometimes I believe compiler ignores all my comments

Kiemc

Re:One concurrent less
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:47:57 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that you want to stop developing since you seem to have put quite some effort into it. I wouldn't have mind some competition

As I've told, one of my main reasons is my lack of free time.