Author Topic: "Active" checkbox is not saved in File Actions (Advanced View)  (Read 30265 times)

Awscar

Steps to reproduce:

• Enter "Volumes & Actions"
  • Enter "Zones"
  • Add new zone
  • Edit zone actions
  • Set View mode to Advanced
  • Add new action (i.e. defragment)
  • UNCHECK "active" checkbox
  • Click Save button
  • Enter again in Zone Actions editor, you'll see the "Active" checkbox appears CHECKED; your change in step 7 has not been saved

Chris

• Administrator
    • www.hofmannc.de
Re: "Active" checkbox is not saved in File Actions (Advanced View)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 10:13:25 PM »
Hi Awscar,
thanks for the detailed report.
Unfortunately, since Jeroen discontinued MyDefrag, I've also stopped developement of my tool, too.

BR,
Chris
sometimes I believe compiler ignores all my comments

Andre

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:47:09 PM »
Hi Chris,
Is there any other trusted review of defragmenters? I have been trying to find recent information on these things but without any luck (well, at least from people who know what they are talking about).
What do you recommend using for software? And, any blog or forum to follow on this?
Thanks

Chris

• Administrator
    • www.hofmannc.de
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 08:22:33 PM »
Hi Andre,
other tests, that are not pure opinion or how-to-use, are hard to find. The last one I stumbled over was this one: http://www.gamingpcbuilder.com/how-tos-guides/free-disk-defragmenters-tested/
However, they seem to have used the "Defragment Only" script of MyDefrag. They never published the comment where I asked about it and there is still another comment asking about the defragmenter settings - still unanswered.

I'm also not aware of any major breakthrough in defragmentation software, so my tests should still be valid. I'm using still MyDefrag and additionally WinContig (much faster when you have a lot of files and only want to defrag).
If you want to spend money, don't buy software, buy an SSD instead. I'm never buying a PC or Laptop without one.
sometimes I believe compiler ignores all my comments